Hello Games is working relentlessly to get No Man’s Sky taken seriously again, first coming out with the Foundation update, and now small patches that keep coming to fix problems and bring in new features. The latest patch from Hello will have players seeing much bigger space battles.
Here are the latest patch notes:
- Fixed a bug that would make the player character small.
- Space battles will now vary in size more and players should see bigger battles.
- Fixed the instantaneous death loop that could occur in survival mode if you saved with 1 health and no hazard protection. You will still be on the verge of death when you load in, but it won’t happen instantaneously.
- Fix for steam controller not being able to warp.
- Removed up, down, left, right as quick menu navigation keys to allow left handed players to move while using the quick menu.
- Page Up and Page down can now be used to navigate up and down in the quick menu.
- Removed duplicated planets from discoveries menu.
- Fixed an issue with redeeming promo ships in survival, which would result in the ship being spawned above the ground.
- Fix for missing ruins underwater which could cause missions to point to nothing.
- Fixed some rare crashes.
Audio tweaks and fixes
- Added ladder climbing sounds.
- Fixed base building prop sounds not playing when placed inside a Freighter.
- Added sound effect for calling Freighters.
- Added sound effect when using communication stations.
- Fixed an issue which could affect ambient sound in Freighters.
- Changed the sound effect when using the Terminus Teleporter.
As you can see, they have tweaked the battle system so that players should be seeing more and bigger battles. That tweak itself won’t get players playing again, but they have high hopes for future updates, so maybe there is still hope for No Man’s Sky if we just view it as never having come out, and once they release an update that adds something interesting, we can jump back in.