Xbox is celebrating its 15th anniversary, and along with that, Microsoft has released some pretty interesting statistics for the console since its release on November 15, 2001.
The Xbox was Microsoft’s first console, and to this day is still alive through the Xbox 360 and, more recently, the Xbox One. Now, Microsoft has shown us just what an impact that fifteen years has meant:
- Number of players: 222,468,423
- Number of total gaming hours: 100,539,390,670
- Number of total multiplayer hours: 29,000,304,183
- Number of Achievements unlocked: 32,667,582,157
- Gamerscore racked up: 572,605,554,587
- Highest Gamerscore: 1,416,465
- Number of Xbox Live friendships made: 4,233,891,482
To put that into perspective, that’s over 11,477,099 years worth of total gaming years, and over 3,310,537 total multiplayer years.
Maybe it’s just me being a numbers nerd, but seeing those statistics is pretty interesting, and provides some real scope for gaming over the past fifteen years.