Quite a few people are experiencing issues with Skyrim: Special Edition after the launch of patch 1.1. Bethesda has heard this, and they have released a beta patch fix on Steam.
The fix should be coming to PS4 and Xbox One, but Bethesda says that the patch fixes “noted concerns”:
- General stability and performance improvements
- Fixed issue related to using alt-tab while playing the game (PC)
- Fixed issue with water flow not rendering properly
- Fixed crash related to changing from werewolf back to human form
- Fixed crash related to reloading after changing Load Order of mods
- General bug fixing and improvements with browsing Mods
Here is how to access the beta:
How to access the Steam Beta
- Log into Steam.
- Right Click on Skyrim Special Edition in your Library.
- Select Properties.
- Select Betas.
- A drop down menu will appear. Select Beta.
- Select OK.
- Wait a few minutes for game to update.
- When done, Skyrim Special Edition [Beta] should appear in our Library.
So, if the game has become unplayable for you, hop into that beta so you can start taking out those dragons again.