Some Pokémon GO dataminers have found Generation 2 Pokémon have been added to the code of GO, as well as some more info on Ditto.
The Silph Road dataminers uncovered some great things back looking at the most recent update’s code:
ONE NEW MOVE HAS BEEN ADDED TO THE GAME:
- It is a quick move (as opposed to a charge/special move).
TRANSFORMnow appears both in the GAME_MASTER file with its own animation sequence (as all moves have) and the APK code itself, as the only new move addition yet since the game launched.
100 NEW POKEMON ARE NOW REFERENCED IN THE GAME’S CODE
- Pokedex #152 (Chikorita) to #251 (Celebi)
- Moveset data has not appeared for the 100 new species, and a client-side update (e.g. v0.45.1) will be required for them to begin appearing in-game
52 NEW POKEMON FAMILIES NOW APPEAR
- Again from Chikorita to Celebi
- Includes Ho-Oh and Lugia, etc.
THE LOCKOUT SYSTEM
- A bunch of new code for the anti-gym-sniping (lockout) system has appeared.
- It appears to function just as described, with a new error message if you are locked out, an ‘ending millisecond’ timer for deploy lockouts, etc.
So these are some major developments for fans of Pokémon. Adding Gen 2 is definitely a big deal, but all I really care about is trading. If they add trading and one-on-one classic style battles, I’ll passionately play the game again for another month and then get bored