Aleksandra Zaryanova, or as you may know her better, Zarya, is now a character in Blizzard’s MOBA Heroes of the Storm.
The Overwatch character is playable in the MOBA’s latest patch, as detailed in the patch notes by Blizzard. Her character description reads:
Aleksandra Zaryanova is one of the world’s strongest women and was a promising athlete, but all that changed when the Siberian omnium reawakened. As a soldier in the Russian Defense Force, she now proudly uses her strength to protect the ones she loves.
Her moveset should be recognizable to fans of Overwatch, if not for just her playing style:
- Each time Zarya’s Personal Barrier or Shield Ally absorbs 10 damage, her Energy is increased by 1. Each point of Energy increases Zarya’s damage by 2%. After 0.5 seconds, Energy decays by 3 per second.
- Particle Grenade (Q)
- Launch a Particle Grenade that deals damage to enemies within a small area. Deals 50% damage to Structures.
- Personal Barrier (W)
- Gain a Shield that absorbs damage for 3 seconds.
- Shield Ally (E)
- Grants an allied Hero a Shield that absorbs damage for 3 seconds.
- Graviton Surge (R)
- Launch a gravity bomb that detonates after 1 second and draws enemy Heroes toward the center for 2.5 seconds.
- Expulsion Zone (R)
- Launch a gravity bomb that deals light damage and creates an expulsion zone for 3.5 seconds. Enemies who enter the affected area are knocked back and have their Movement Speed reduced by 50% for 1 second.
I’m curious how far the Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm fans actually overlap. Do you play both? Let us know in the comments below!