Ubisoft has decided to delay the next to expansions to the game so they can work on the game itself.
The upcoming expansions for The Division, Last Stand and Survival, have been delayed so that the developers can work on “bug fixing, game balancing and other improvements.” This has pushed back Survival to be released later this year (instead of with the next update, Update 1.4), and the third expansion, Last Stand, won’t be released until early 2017.
Via a post to their website, the Division Team said:
This new schedule will not only enable us to strengthen the core experience before adding new content, but also continuously improve it by allowing for more production time to ensure the quality of future updates as well.
So in the wake of the delays, Update 1.4 will now include:
- Fixing bugs, including those listed in our Known Issues as well as many other ones
- Making loot drops more relevant to the player
- Enemy difficulty and time to kill
- Gear Sets and weapons balancing
- Solo player experience
- Dark Zone and PvP balancing
- Quality of life additions based on community suggestions (such as weapon skins no longer taking inventory space)
So hopefully you were not planning on spending your late summer playing Survival or Final Fantasy XV.