The Titanfall 2 open multiplayer technical test dates have been announced.
The tests will be happening across two weekends: August 19-21 and August 26-28 on both PS4 and Xbox One.
The first weekend begins with two maps and two game modes:
- Bounty Hunt (5v5): A brand new mode that pits Pilots and their teammates against an opposing team as well as the Remnant Fleet. Earn bonuses by killing grunts and enemies, but make sure and deposit all your points at the bank between waves without getting killed.
- Pilots vs. Pilots (8v8): Players can be the best Pilot on the Frontier and put their combat and mobility skills to the ultimate test in this classic 8 vs 8 Pilots only mode.
- Boomtown: A secret underground IMC facility where the latest in R&D is put to the test. In this facility Pilots can use the many peaked roofs to use as cover against combatants below. With tight lanes through the middle, Titans can also be easily ambushed.
- Homestead: The IMC have claimed Imminent Domain on a small commune’s plot of land. With a series of raised, rocky plateaus and a river running down the middle, Pilots are mostly safe from Titans among the rocks and trees but they also can duck into the caves and building when needed. However, the Titans control the large rolling fields.
The second will feature the content from the previous weekend, as well as an added game mode and map:
- Amped Hardpoint (6v6): A new twist on Hardpoint Domination from the original game; now defending a Hardpoint will let you amp it, giving your team double score. Team work is the key to securing victory.
- Forward Base Kodai: Militia forces have taken over an IMC substation and set up a forward operating base. Pilots can find safety from Titans in the hallways and chambers of the main building, while Titans can walk over the roof to get a better view of the action.
During the open multiplayer technical test, we will see access to two all-new Titans: Ion and Scorch, as well as multiple Pilot tactical abilities including Grapple, Holo Point, and Pulse Blade. We will also have access to a variety of weapons including a deadly horizontal spread shotgun called the Masttiff and a dual-barrel SMG, the Alternator.
Titanfall 2 is set to build upon the fast and fluid gameplay of the previous game, but will also introduce a new offline singleplayer campaign where the player plays as a Militia rifleman with aspirations of becoming an elite Pilot that is stranded behind enemy lines. The player then teams up with a veteran Titan to fight their way back to safety.
The first live multiplayer gameplay from Titanfall 2 will be available via the Titanfall 2 Factions livestream starting at 8pm CET/11am PT on August 16 at https://www.twitch.tv/titanfall. The Titanfall 2 Factions livestream will see some of the biggest names in the Titanfall community facing off for bragging rights on the Frontier.
Titanfall 2 is set for release on Friday, October 28th for Xbox One, PC and Playstation 4. The game can be preordered at titanfall.com. Also available is the Deluxe Edition which offer day one access to customizing every titan with exclusive Warpaints and Nose Art, two camouflages, and more.