Are you in Adelaide? Do you want something to do this Saturday afternoon? How does a bit of casual eSports sound? Come and take part in the Mario Kart 8 Ultimate Challenge, which organisers claim is the first ever major eSports event to hit South Australia!
Held at Titanium Security Arena (44A Crittenden Road in Findon), doors open at 2pm, competition kicks off at 3pm, with competitor sign-ups closing at 3:30. Sign up to show off how good you are, or just come along to check out all the other stuff that’s going on at the same time.
Organisers from ESports Gamers League are promising us spot prizes, interactive stalls, indie game demonstrations, celebrity challenges including the Adelaide 36ers basketball team, a $500 award for the best cosplay (thanks to In The Booth), and – because no event is complete without it – Pokémon challenges! The Arena is conveniently a Pokémon Go gym, with the Leader able to win great prizes!
Rules for the competition:
- All rounds will be 150cc, finals including semis will be 200cc.
- All items will be active by default
- DLC characters and tracks are not included.
- Fire hopping is not banned.
- You can bring your own controller, but it needs to be checked by staff before use and you use it at your own risk
We’re getting our racing shoes on and will be there with bells on… will you?