The latest update, which is available on all platforms right now, came a little earlier than expected; bringing with it a bunch of bug fixes, a Worms-themed DLC and of course the Hoops mode.
The patch notes are listed for your perusal below:
- The ‘Hoops’ 2v2 mode has been added as an unranked playlist, and is also available in Private Matches and Exhibition mode at any team size.
- Exhibition and Private Match now have a “Game Mode” selector. The mode you select determines which maps you can choose – for instance, “Hoops” can only be played on the “Dunk House” map.
- During Overtime, the in-game UI clock now counts upwards to indicate how long the overtime has lasted.
- New “Cosmic” Arena has been added to the “Rocket Labs” playlist
- After scoring in Free Play, there will no longer be a 3/2/1 countdown.
- Dunks’ stats has been added with this DLC.
- When a player scores a basket/goal with any NBA flag equipped, it will increase your stat on that NBA flag.
- Players can now trigger an automatic replay save mid-game, so they don’t have to wait until the match concludes and remember to save it then.
- Auto-Save is triggered by holding the activation button during gameplay. When triggered, the save will be queued and a message will appear in the chatbox indicating the action. A replay tick mark is automatically added to the replay at the timestamp the player triggered the autosave.
- Players can now manually name (and rename) replays.
- Select “Save Replay” at the end of game and the user can now provide a custom name.
- Users can also rename replays in the frontend.
- Mouse/Keyboard – A pencil icon appears when mousing over a replay. Clicking the Pencil brings up the rename dialog.
- Controller – Pressing Triangle button on the Replay menu brings up the rename dialog.
- Spectators will no longer see Camera Shake in Player View if the option is disabled
- Fixed a rare issue that would allow the ball to exit the arena
Rocket League is available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC.