Earlier this month, Nintendo announced that a new Pokemon distribution event would commence soon . Today, the company revealed which rare Pokemon would be distributed.
Like the title says, the first Pocket Monster to kick off this event will be the original legendary poster child, Mew.
So far, Nintendo has only released details on how patrons of American retailer GameStop and U.K retailer GAME can receive these select Pokemon as part of this distribution event. The process involves owners of either Pokemon: Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire or Pokemon: X & Y heading in store, where they will receive the code printed on a receipt.
Having worked behind the scenes of Australian retailer EB Games, I can almost guarantee that if an event is held in-store in Australia, it will be handled via digital distribution- much like it was previously for Keldeo and others.
Mew will be the first legendary Pokemon available as part of this promotion, which will coincide with the Pokemon TCG: Mythical Pokémon Collection. The psychic legendary will weigh in at Level 100, and will have the ability Synchronize and sport the attack Pound. Mew will be available from February 1 to February 27.
After Mew, the future available Pokemon are as follows:
- Celebi: March 1-24 – via Nintendo Network
- Jirachi: April 1- 24 – via Nintendo Network
- Darkrai: May 1-24 – via GameStop
- Manaphy: June 1-24 – via Nintendo Network
- Shaymin: July 1-24 – via Nintendo Network
- Arceus: August 1-24 – via GameStop
- Victini: September 1-24 – via Nintendo Network
- Keldeo: October 1-24 – via Nintendo Network
- Genesect: November 1-24 – via GameStop
- Meloetta: December 1-24 – via Nintendo Network
For the moves-sets and abilities of these listed Pokemon head over to the official Nintendo event website.