Last week, a troll using a stolen credit card shattered 2Awesome‘s crowdfunding dreams just 30 minutes before the end of a project. Now though, the Dutch studio is back! If you’d been wishing there was a way to support Dimension Drive – here’s your chance.
2Awesome Studio was not the only developer hit by malicious Kickstarter troll “Jonathan”, who pledged a very generous €7,000 within the last three hours of the project. Then, while the team were celebrating via livestream, it was revealed that the pledge had been made with a stolen credit card, and Kickstarter had cancelled the transaction with just 30 minutes left to go.
Jonathan’s false pledge is doubly insulting, as it may have deterred other legitimate supporters. While we mostly hear about pledge drives that are over-funded by significant amounts, it’s also common for projects to reach their funding goal and then stop dead – something that may have happened to Dimension Drive. Including Jonathan’s fraudulent donation, the game nudged €500 over the desired €30,000 mark and hardly moved from there. This suggests that potential supporters came to the page, saw that it had been funded and the game would be produced, and decided to save their money.
- A New Type of Shoot’Em Up: Dimension Drive is a Dual-Battlefield vertical Shoot’Em Up with a focus on smart, quick teleporting.
- Rich Sci-fi Adventure: Unfold the secrets of the Dimension Drives and your past, teleport across the multiverse fighting the ultimate threat, and meet new races and allies!
- Clever Mix of Three Mechanics: A seamless combination of levels focusing on strategic shooting, fast puzzling and frantic defense make the core of Dimension Drive an exciting and varied one.
- 2 Wars at Once: Multitask and teleport to single-handedly fight in two shoot’em up levels at the same time.
- 4 Game Modes: Arcade, Modern, Pacifism and 1 Credit Clear all force you to approach the game in different ways and add replay value!
- Comic Book Style: Experience the story of Jack Tywood through gorgeous, dynamic motion comics fitting the cel-shaded style and visual “pop” of the main game. In Dimension Drive, video games meet comics. Who said space was just black?
- Energy Management: The Manticore is powered by Dimension Drive energy. Carefully decide when and where to teleport while in the midst of combat.
- Advanced Scoring System: Shoot’em up fans and genre newcomers alike will enjoy our unique scoring system that rewards you for playing truly well, rather than simply shooting enemies.
- Teleportation!: We’ve said that already, right? It’s what makes our game really unique! No? Okay then–Teleportation!