Believe it or not, Disney India has a development studio dedicated to creating cricket video games. The latest – ICC Pro Cricket 2015 is set to launch shortly for PC and smartphones, just in time for the 2015 Cricket World Cup in Australia and New Zealand.
If you’re not quite ready to join fourteen of the world’s best teams taking part in the Cup, developer Indiagames is promising an “as close to real” simulation gaming experience – two gameplay cameras and more than 25 in-game camera angles. You’ll be able to earn, trade and collect virtual players to create your ideal fantasy team, or – if you’d prefer – play with the 14 official ICC World Cup 2015 teams.
Former Australian test cricketer Brett Lee was at the Sydney Cricket Ground last Friday to launch the game:
It’s a great honour to launch this video game in conjunction with the ICC and Disney India. The graphics are incredible and I love the fact that this game can be played on not just your PC, but on your phone as well. I’m sure lots of people will be hitting their own sixes and taking the prized wicket of David Warner with this game.
After the weekend’s World Cup warmup match in Adelaide, Lee’s words ring true – Warner’s century helped guide Australia to a convincing 106-run victory over India.
- First ever cricket game with real simulation and card management.
- Modes: ICC Cricket World Cup Tournament, World Tour Mode (Dream team), Quick Play Mode
- All 14 participating ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 Countries with the original Player names.
- Motion captured animation to get the real cricketing experience.
- Two Game play cameras.
- Intuitive batting controls.
- Innovative bowling controls with the most in depth bowling experience in a cricket game ever. Control the speed of the ball, the line and length and make sure you don’t cross the line.
- Compete against people from around the world and get on top of the leader board.
- Daily Objectives: Get new objectives to complete every day and earn points and coins which will help you strengthen your squad.
- Train, upgrade, sell, buy. It’s all up to you, your team and your players
Disney India Managing Director Siddharth Roy Kapur was also in Sydney:
Globally, Disney is defined by innovation. We have always believed in leveraging technology to enhance the entertainment experience for consumers and we reflect this sentiment in all the products we develop in Disney India. The Interactive business of Disney India has produced an incredible game which sets the benchmark for cricket-based games globally. Cricket is amongst one of the most popular sports not just in India but across the world, and the ICC Cricket World Cup is the biggest possible celebration of the sport. We appreciate the support we have received from the ICC to be able to present this world-class game to Cricket fans on the occasion of the World Cup 2015!
The 2015 ICC Cricket World Cup kicks off this weekend with matches in both Christchurch, New Zealand and Melbourne, Australia. That doesn’t leave much time for Disney India to release the game, with ICC Pro Cricket 2015 scheduled to launch “closer to the World Cup” on both PC and smartphones.