Mojang has finally removed the “Beta” tag from card-based strategy game Scrolls. To celebrate, we’ve got a brand new launch trailer to show off, and word that the game’s also available on Android tablets.
If you’ve already bought Scrolls once, participated in the alpha or played any of the beta, you’ll get access to the full game on all formats, for no extra cash.
Cool things about Scrolls:
- The best bits of card and board games, combined!
- You build up a library of units, spells, enchantments and structures, then face off against others on a hexagonal battlefield.
- You earn gold through playing all match types, completing over 50 Trials, and earning achievements.
- All Scrolls units are fully animated and nice to look at. We feature over 350 scrolls at present.
- All scrolls, apart from the four starter decks you earn through play, can be traded with other players for scrolls or gold.
- You can chat with other players, add them to your friends list, and challenge them to battles.
- You can buy scrolls at our in-game store for gold or for Shards – our real money currency – though we restrict how much you can spend to retain game balance.
- This sounds unlikely, but you really don’t have to spend more than the cost of Scrolls ($5) to progress. All items are available for a reasonable amount of gold.
- We also feature a crafting system. You can craft three identical scrolls into a higher tier scroll. At tier 2, scrolls get a bit shinier and track stats. At tier 3 they get even shinier, and provide bonus gold when drawn. Note that upgraded scrolls don’t provide an advantage in battle.
The full version of Scrolls is on sale right now for US$5, which the developers happily label “remarkably cheap”. You can grab it on PC, Mac and Android. If you want it on iOS, hold on a bit – it’s not going to reach you there until some time in early 2015. Apparently, putting games on the App Store is “serious business”.