The expansion includes some significant upgrades over the base game, introducing updated and improved models, graphics and environments as well as a revamped UI. Blizzard has released the system specs for Warlords of Draenor, and while they’re still not extreme, there’s likely a few MMO fans who’ll need to give their PCs a long overdue upgrade.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows7/Windows8 (latest Service Pack)
- Intel Core2 Duo E6600 or AMD Phenom X3 8750
- NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT, ATI Radeon HD 4850 or Intel HD Graphics 3000
- OS X 10.8
- Intel Core 2 Duo
- NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT or ATI Radeon HD 4850
- 35 GB available HD space
- 2 GB RAM
- Broadband Internet connection
- DVD-ROM drive
- 1024×768 minimum display resolution
- 4 GB RAM
- Multi-button mouse with scroll wheel
- Windows 7/Windows 8 64-bit (latest Service Pack)
- Intel Core i5 2400 or AMD FX-4100 or better
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470, ATI Radeon HD 5870 or better
- OS X 10.9 (or latest version)
- Intel Core i5 or better
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M or ATI Radeon HD 6750M or better
If you’re not in the market for an upgraded PC just yet, there are workarounds that you can use to continue running the game on your old machine. For instance, you can turn off the new models to improve system performance, but remember that the game certainly won’t look as good as it’s meant to.
World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor hits PC and Mac on November 13.