Ryse: Son of Rome has neatly slipped out of that whole “Xbox One exclusive” thing, with Crytek announcing today that the game’s set to hit PC on October 10. If you’re keen, pre-orders will also net you an exclusive digital soundtrack – 25 tracks of gladiatorial goodness!
The PC version contains the full Xbox One release plus all of the DLC released to date (including all multiplayer maps), but the team at Crytek‘s done more than a little bit of polishing since we first saw the game. Ryse now supports 4K resolution, so you can get your CryEngine fix bigger and brighter than ever before.
System specs have also been released, and they’re not too shabby.
Minimum System Requirements for Ryse
- OS: Windows Vista SP1, Windows 7 or Windows 8 (64bit)
- Processor: Intel Dual-Core 2.8 GHz/ AMD Dual-Core 3.2 GHz or better
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: DirectX 11 graphics card with 1 GB video RAM
- DirectX: Version 11
- Hard Drive: 26 GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX compatible Sound Card with latest drivers
For more information on the game – or to pre-order your digital copy – pop on over to the Ryse: Son of Rome Steam page.