We already knew that Mr. Happy, Pharrell Williams, had been picked to compile the soundtrack for NBA 2K15 – but we didn’t know quite which tracks the pop star would pick. Now, he’s pulled a few names from his hat (there’s plenty of room there), and shared not only the all-important list, but also a little insight into why those particular tunes made the cut.
Want to know those songs in full? Here you go!
- A Tribe Called Quest – Scenario
- Afrika Bambaataa & Soulsonic Force – Planet Rock
- Basement Jaxx – Hot ‘n Cold
- Black Rebel Motorcycle Club – River Styx
- Busta Rhymes – Dangerous
- Clipse – Grindin’
- Death from Above 1979 – Romantic Rights
- Depeche Mode – Personal Jesus
- Junior – Mama Used to Say
- Lauryn Hill – Doo *** (That Thing)
- Lorde – Team
- Major Lazer featuring Pharrell Williams – Aerosol Can
- Missy Elliott – On & On
- No Doubt – Spiderwebs
- OneRepublic – Love Runs Out
- Pharrell Williams – Hunter
- Pharrell Williams – Can I Have It Like That
- Pharrell Williams – How Does It Feel?
- Public Enemy – Shut ‘Em Down (Pete Rock Remix)
- Ratatat – Seventeen Years
- Red Hot Chili Peppers – Suck My Kiss
- Santigold – Creator
- Snoop Dogg – Drop It Like It’s Hot
- Strafe – Set It Off
- The Black Keys – Everlasting Light
- The Rapture – House of Jealous Lovers
- The Strokes – Under Cover of Darkness
To get in the spirit for NBA 2K15 nice and early, 2K Sports has thoughtfully prepared this Spotify Playlist for you – but if you don’t mind waiting, the full game is out on October 7, for PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and PC.