Nerdly worlds are colliding as 2K Games reveals WWE SuperCard, a collectible card game for smartphones and tablets, based on the “colourful” world of WWE wrestling. Build your teams of Superstars, Divas and Legends, train them up, and send ’em in to battle. No, really.
Don’t expect magic, swords and giant monsters to appear in this one. WWE SuperCard battles are more similar to wrestling matches, and there’s some high-stakes tournaments thrown in, too.
2K‘s Chris Snyder explains:
WWE SuperCard represents a great opportunity to extend the WWE 2K brand by delivering unique and power-packed mobile entertainment experiences. Get ready to experience WWE card battles on your favorite mobile device – anywhere and at any time.
At launch, we’re promised more than 400 cards in active play, spanning seven rarity levels – and an assortment of nifty features:
- MASSIVE WWE ROSTER – Players collect their favorite WWE Superstars, Divas, Legends and more while building their rosters to compete online in multiple game modes and match types;
- FAST-PACED ACTION – Players will take individual Superstars, tag teams or five-person teams online against other players to test their skills, while winning matches enables new cards to join their rosters;
- CUSTOMIZABLE TEAMS – Players will discover cards of different rarities and use them to assemble the ultimate WWE roster. Training and combining cards upgrades the cards’ levels and unlocks their full potential;
- KING OF THE RING – Players will put their teams to the ultimate test by playing through full seasons. High levels of participation will result in higher rankings and bigger rewards;
- EXPANDING UNIVERSE – The WWE SuperCard universe will continually expand with roster updates, enabling players to routinely discover new cards.
…and the best bit? WWE SuperCard is available right now from the iTunes App Store, Google Play Store and the Amazon Appstore. It’s free, and you’d better believe we’re snagging a copy right now.