Tonight’s the night, my friends! Sharknado 2 hits U.S. screens shortly, swiftly followed by the rest of the world. If you can’t wait even that long, Sharknado: The Video Game is on sale right now for just $0.99!
[img_big]center,14149,2014-07-31/IMG_0016.PNG,Sharknado: The Video Game[/img_big]
Developer Other Ocean (who we profiled on Player Attack, talking about #IDARB) has created a game that puts you in the lead role of Finley “Fin” Shepard, as you race to destroy life-threatening, shark-filled tornadoes swirling around New York City.
Game director Frank Cifaldi explains:
The Sharknado movies already exhibit a strange video game logic, so translating them into a work of interactive art wasn’t much of a challenge. We still have a soft spot for the licensed games of our childhoods, the ones that took a lot of strange liberties in the name of fun, and I think we’ve succeeded in bringing that feeling to the 21st century.
Here’s a taste of what’s in store:
- Run through the streets of Manhattan wielding a broadsword
- Bounce off of the backs of tiger sharks to reach higher ground
- Feed buckets of fish to angry sharks to avoid dying
- Surf New York’s flooded avenues, avoiding hammerhead stampedes
- Collect official Sharknado trading cards
- Fly into the heart of the sharknado clutching tightly to a chainsaw
- Learn valuable lessons about sharks…and yourself!
If you needed further encouragement, we’ll let Frank have the last word:
We still haven’t seen the ‘Citizen Kane’ of video games, but at least we have our Sharknado.