Gearbox is hunting for the best Borderlands cosplayer in Australia/New Zealand, with a neat prize on offer: A trip to PAX Australia (with a friend!), and a fantastic photoshoot with a specially-selected cosplay photographer.
For inspiration, check out our interview with Australian cosplayer Yasemin Arslan, who was chosen to be the live-action face of Lilith in Borderlands 2.
Fame, fortune and probably a few late nights await you… but we know it’ll be worth it!
Don’t just think you can waltz in playing any ol’ character from Pandora. If you want to be in with a chance, you’ll need to pick one of six characters from Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. While this does mean you can’t just recycle your old costumes from the original two games, Gearbox experts have prepared cosplay guides for each of the eligible characters:
The winner will be picked between August 26-28th, with the guest judges looking specifically at craftmanship and accuracy, as well as the overall presentation of your costume.
If you want in, you’ll need to send your submissions over by 11:59:59 AEST on August 25 – make sure you read up on the terms, conditions and details.
The prize is, officially:
- A round trip to Melbourne, VIC and a ticket to PAX Australia for you and 1 friend
- One night accommodation in Melbourne, VIC
- A photo shoot with a professional cosplay photographer
- Exposure on The Borderlands social media channels
Important Dates to Remember:
- July 17th – Submissions open
- August 25th – Submissions close
- August 28th – Winners are announced
- September 2014 – Photo-shoot and social media exposure
You must be at least 18 years of age and a legal resident of either Australia or New Zealand to be eligible. Good luck!