Designer Frank Cifaldi explains:
When Majesco approached us about making a Sharknado game, we said ‘yes’ before they’d even finished asking. The game we came up with is very much in the spirit of the films: ridiculous, overblown, yet oddly sincere. We can’t wait for fans to sink their teeth into it.
Just how ridiculous and overblown? Well, here’s some of what you can expect from Sharknado: The Video Game:
- Run through the streets of Manhattan wielding a broadsword.
- Bound off of the backs of tiger sharks to reach higher ground.
- Feed buckets of fish to angry sharks to avoid death.
- Surf New York’s flooded avenues, avoiding hammerhead shark stampedes.
- Collect official Sharknado trading cards.
- Grab a chain saw and fly into the heart of Sharknado, destroying it from the inside.
It doesn’t look like it’s a 100% retelling of the 2013 movie (which starred Tara Reid and Beverly Hills 90210 actor Ian Ziering), but it should be a bunch of fun nonetheless.