So we already know how Jonny felt after playing Destiny, and it seems he’s not alone in his adoration of Bungie‘s new universe. The studio’s just published a “Post Game Carnage Report” following the weekend’s alpha test – and there’s a whole stack of impressive numbers contained within.
Bungie community manager David Dague explains there was actually a healthy dose of skepticism surrounding the game:
A lot of our friends asked us if this was a real Alpha. It was. We’ve gathered a mountain of data and feedback. We’re learning and reacting and Destiny is going to be better because of it.
Here’s just a sample of that number-mountain:
- 149,522,313 Primary Weapon Kills
- 21,782,610 Secondary Weapon Kills
- 4,002,737 Heavy Weapon Kills
- 21,687,298 Super Ability Kills
- 2,819,211 Orbs of Light Gathered
- 6,850,773 Control Points Captured in the Crucible
- 1,195 Deathless Medals awarded in the Crucible
- 4,356 Splatters with the Sparrow
- 667,966 Public Events Joined
- 60,491,944 Fallen Dregs Dispatched with Extreme Prejudice
- Too many to count: Guardians served in Dance Parties
- 6,461,871 Player Games Played!
If you missed out on the Destiny alpha – or if you played and can’t wait to jump back in – you shouldn’t be waiting too long. Bungie has promised a beta test starting July 17th (for PS3 and PS4 gamers, at first), and the whole thing’s set to launch on September 9, 2014.