At an event at its Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC) this week, Apple has announced the winners of its prestigious Apple Design Awards – and there’s a stack of great games tucked away among the Apps.
The Apple Design Awards recognise developers that combine design and technology in “creative, compelling and powerful ways”.
- Threes – A tiny, number-matching puzzle game that grows on you.
- Leo’s Fortune – Go on an epic adventure to find the cunning and mysterious thief who stole your gold.
- Blek – Create a moving line to collect colored circles while avoiding black holes.
- Yahoo! News Digest – A definitive summary of the most significant news stories of the day.
- Device 6 – A surreal and thrilling game in which the written word is both your map and your narrator.
- Storehouse: Visual Storytelling – Document and share meaningful experiences by combining photos, video, and text.
- Sky Guide – Hold your device to the sky to automatically find stars, constellations, planets, satellites and more.
- Monument Valley – Guide a silent princess through a fantasy world by manipulating unique architectural monuments.
- Day One – Record your life as you live it.
- Cinemagraph Pro – Use video to create arresting still images.
- PanoPerfect [iOS] – Sharing panoramic iPhone photos with friends and social network followers has never been easier.
- Addimal Adventure [iPad] – Addimal brings the latest scientific research on child learning to a fun, engaging, educational app.
…and as if the prestige and trophy wasn’t enough, ADA winners take home an assortment of Apple products, including a new Mac Pro.
For more information on each app – and the developers behind them – the Apple Design Awards website is surprisingly informative (and very pretty).