Don’t go thinking that racing games are all about the four-wheeled type of vehicle. MXGP – the Official Motocross Videogame is, as you might suspect, an official tie-in with the FIM Motocross World Championship, and we’re looking at some high-octane action on two wheels.
So. Motocross. It’s full of dust, mostly, as well as some major jumps, emotion, adrenaline-fueled action and of course the fight for first. MXGP drops you in the middle of it all, as you work to win the World Championship, race by race.
This time around, we’re promised a bunch of special features:
- OFFICIAL LICENSE: 60 riders, 60 bikes, 14 tracks and rules from the official MX1 and MX2 2013 FIM Motocross World Championship.
- REALISM: The true feel of motocross is injected in all the aspects of the game, with realistic bike physics, riders in motion-captured animations, new terrain & track deformation system, dirt systems, ditches and particles is just some of the features in MXGP.
- BE A MOTOCROSS RIDER: Live the life of a pro motocross rider by signing contracts with the official MX Teams and compete with the best riders in the world for the MXGP championship.
- AUTHENTIC TRACKS: The 14 Tracks are modelled in a 1:1 scale from reality, including the new Losail International Circuit night race of Qatar.
- NEW EXCITNG GAME MODES: With an extensive Career Mode and Sprint Season you will be able to live and compete against the very best of MX racing.
There’s a whole lotta authenticity here, but even if you don’t know who the faces are, recognise the bikes or care about the rules, you’re still in for a good time.
MXGP is available right now in Australia for PS3, PS Vita, Xbox 360 and PC.