I know a bunch of you are still plodding your way through Dark Souls II, so you’ll be delighted to hear that From Software is polishing up patch 1.03 for both PS3 and Xbox 360. The update’s set for release tomorrow, and features more than a few nifty fixes.
The most obvious change, which will be literally felt by all gamers, is the addition of a controller vibration when an attack is successfully blocked.
In addition to that, summoned players should no longer fall through the world, and a number of multiplayer issues have been tidied up.
From is promising the update will hit North America at 4am EDT, and the rest of the world at 6am GMT, so in about seven hours from time of writing. All you’ll need to do is load up your copy of Dark Souls II, and the patch will apply automagically. What a world we live in!
- Failing to create Multiplayer session no longer disables use of online items, such as White Soapstone.
- Players now receive a small portion of Humanity after successfully
assisting in a Multiplayer session instead of regaining full Humanity.
- Starting boss fight with the Looking Glass Knight while summoning other players no longer cancels the summoning process.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some bloodstains, illusions, and messages from being displayed.
- Fixed an issue where “Unable to participate in Multiplayer Session” could constantly appear.
- Fixed some instances where the portrait of the person you were summoning was different than the actual character.
- You will no longer be able to take off Covenant rings while being summoned.
- Fixed an issue that would cause some summoned players to fall through the ground at Earthen Peak.
GAME MENU / INTERFACE / CONTROLS
- Optimized Start Menu and Bonfire Menu performance.
- Trophy icon for “Holder of the Fort” has been fixed.
- Controller now vibrates when blocking an attack
- Bug involving Drangleic Castle door not opening has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue that would cause Souls to be lost upon death with the Ring of Life Protection equipped.
- Fixed an issue that caused some players to fall through elevators while using Binoculars and Magic simultaneously.
- Fixed an issue causing some enemies being hit by arrows at long distances receive 0 damage.
- Fixed an issue preventing the Brotherhood of Blood duels from starting properly.
- Added a message for players that displays after entering the coffin in Things Betwixt
- Fixed an issue where all of the items and objects in an area would reset (Without using a Bonfire Ascetic).
- Fixed an issue that didn’t unlock some items from vendors on 2nd and beyond playthrough.
- Fixed an issue causing the requirements for the Brotherhood of Blood Covenant be 50 too high.
- Licia’s conditions for moving have been optimized.