Dead Rising 3 is in line to get a brand new chunk of DLC this week, but before it gets there, gamers have to download a seriously sized patch to make sure they’re ready for it.
How big? You’ll need to snag a 13GB title update on your Xbox One, regardless of whether you want to play Operation Broken Eagle or not.
In this type of big open-world game with tons of zombies and the ability to do whatever you want to do, like stacking a bunch of things and blowing them up, we knew we had to improve on those high points and tighten the gameplay experience. Finally, there were some stability issues that we dealt with to make everything that much smoother.
What else is in store? Here’s the changelog:
- Content for DLC episodes 3 and 4 added as part of this CU.
- Various Stability Fixes.
- Various Performance Improvements.
- Online Stability improvements.
- Added a progress bar to main menu while installer is running.
- Fixed an issue which could allow the user to overwrite their save file during streaming install while the game is booted.
- Fix for missing English VUI command in Multiplayer menu.
- Some improvements to item pickups.
- Fixed a reproducible issue where the player could get out of the world.
- Fixed an issue where music wasn’t present during the streaming install.
- Fixed some mission scripting issues.
- Fixed an issue which could cause some co-op players to not progress blueprint collection achievements correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the UI was not updating properly.
- Fixed an issue which caused glass textures to appear low-res.
- Fixed an issue which could cause shadows to render incorrectly.
- Fixed a texture issue with the Golden SledgeSaw weapon.
- SmartGlass stability fix.
The DLC itself is pretty nifty, too. The first episode in the Untold Stories of Los Perdidos, Operation Broken Eagle puts you in the shoes of Spec Ops Commander Adam Cane… and you have to capture the President of the United States. It’s okay though, you’re on the good side, he’s gone missing.
For the price of entry, you’ll snag five new weapons, one new combo weapon, one new vehicle and a new clothing outfit as well as the new mission – and all of the experience points you earn in the new mission will carry over to the original game.
Fans of Dead Rising 3 have already killed more than 16 billion zombies in more than 14 million hours of gameplay, making the zombie hunter the third best-selling Xbox One title and the fifth best-selling title if you look at all of the next-generation platforms. Not bad, Capcom. Not bad at all.