The PlayStation 4 launches tomorrow (November 29th) in Australia, New Zealand, Europe, South Africa and the Middle East. If you’re picking one up, you’ll need a few games to go with it – and while we’ve got our own highlights in tomorrow night’s episode of Player Attack, the folks at Sony has put together a helpful list of exactly what’ll be available when the console hits shelves.
Before we start, there’s a couple of games that are not on this list. Unfortunately, it’s not an accidental ommission of flOw and Blacklight: Retribution. Both these games – originally slated as Day One titles – are “subject to brief delays”, says Sony spokesman Fred Dutton.
They should be with you next week, but I will 100% confirm the date as soon as possible.
Don’t let that detract from the rest of the list though, this is more than enough to keep you happy! A few of these games aren’t available in every region, but we’ve picked out the ones that you’ll be able to pick up in Australia and New Zealand, should you be that way inclined:
- Angry Birds Star Wars
- Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag – Standard Edition
(Aveline Ship Figurehead DLC Free with PS Plus)
- Battlefield 4
- Call of Duty: Ghosts
- Contrast (included in PS Plus)
- DC Universe Online (free to play)
- Escape Plan (Cross-Buy PS Vita/PS4)
- Escape Plan Collection (Cross-Buy PS Vita/PS4)
- FIFA 14
- Flower (Cross-Buy PS3/PS Vita/PS4)
- Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition
- Just Dance 2014
- Killzone Shadow Fall
- Lego Marvel Super Heroes
- Madden NFL 25
- NBA 2K14
- NBA LIVE 14
- Need For Speed Rivals
- Putty Squad
- Sound Shapes (Cross-Buy PS3/PS Vita/PS4)
- Super Motherload (20% off with PS Plus)
- Trine 2: Complete Story (20% off with PS Plus)
- Resogun (included in PS Plus)
- Warframe (free to play)
- War Thunder (free to play)
If you’re in another location, the European PlayStation Blog has all the details for you.