Even though the Xbox One is still a couple of days away in most regions, Microsoft wants you to be properly ready for the console. If you’re planning on snagging the new hardware, you should probably also grab Xbox One SmartGlass for your smartphone – the app has launched today for both iOS and Android devices.
The app will mean you can control your Xbox One directly from your device, whether you’re in the same room or on the go. It will also add some fancy dual-screen functionality and increase the ways you can interact with your console.
In the living room:
- Navigate your Xbox One console using your device’s keyboard and touch
- Control your media and set top box with the SmartGlass remote control
- Browse the web on your TV using your mobile device
- Enhance what you are watching or playing with SmartGlass companions
- Increase performance with faster connections and reliability
In the living room and on the go:
- Search, browse, and pin content to play on your Xbox One console
- Track achievements, get game help, message friends, and watch game clips