Good news: God of War: Ascension has been released digitally, so you can pick it up without needing to acquire a physical copy.
Bad news: That release signals the end of planned DLC releases for the game.
Good news: Despite that, there is still new multiplayer content on the way.
The next major update includes:
- Upcoming Balance Update – our Designers have plowed through mountains of gameplay feedback and are currently working on balance improvements that will tune-up all the Allegiances. We are aiming for this balance update to release later this month. Rest assured, things like the Ares Olympus Armor -20 (PR) is being heavily diagnosed.
- Dedicated Online Support – we will be monitoring online 24/7 and any new major balance exploits discovered in the weeks or months ahead, we will assess for fixing.
- PSN Digital Release in October – This month, we’ll be releasing the digital download version of God of War: Ascension to the masses that have yet to experience the beginning of Kratos’ journey and our Ascension Multiplayer. The digital version will be released on October 15 for North America, with other regions to follow soon after. Make sure to check www.godofwar.com for updates on the digital release in your region.
- All DLC items will receive special pricing options upon digital version release in their region (NA pricing options released on October 22, 2013).
- The God of War: Ascension Soundtrack will be made available as a free download for all on PSN for a limited time only.
- Double XP Weekend returns October 18 to October 21 worldwide.
The team at Sony Santa Monica has supported the game since its March 2013 launch with a hefty amount of DLC, but now it’s time for the team to step down and “start to transition to other projects” within the studio. Let the speculations commence!