Last week, Ubisoft apparently released the system specs for Watch_Dogs. This week, we have good news for anyone who was horrified by the apparent required quad-core CPU and serious RAM demands – turns out the “real” specs are actually comfortably lower, but you still might need to update your rig.
- Supported OS: Windows Vista SP2 64bit, Windows 7 SP1 64bit, Windows 8 64bit
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 @ 2.66Ghz or AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.0Ghz
- RAM: 6 GB
- Video Card: 1024 VRAM DirectX 11 with Shader Model 5.0 (see supported list)
- Sound Card: DirectX 9 compatible Sound Card
- Processor: Core i7 3770 @ 3.5Ghz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0Ghz
- RAM: 8 GB
- Video Card: 2048 VRAM DirectX 11 with Shader Model 5.0 or higher (see supported list)
- Sound Card: Surround Sound 5.1 capable sound card
So. You’ll need to make sure you’re running an x64-bit operating system, which is quickly becoming the new standard in gaming anyway. Other than that, it’s pretty straight-forward – but check your video card, there’s only a handful officially supported.
Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:
- nVidia GeForce GTX460 or better, GT500, GT600, GT700 series;
- AMD Radeon HD5850 or better, HD6000, HD7000, R7 and R9 series
- Intel® Iris™ Pro HD 5200
Remember, if you need to upgrade your gaming PC, you’ve got a bit over a month to get ready. Watch_Dogs is hitting PC, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One and Wii U from November 19th (November 21st in Australia) – stay tuned to Player Attack for more details!