In case you’d missed the memo, Grand Theft Auto Online wasn’t exactly blessed with a smooth launch. Rockstar Games has released a sizeable list of known issues that it’s currently “working around the clock” to fix – but at this stage, the list seems only to be growing.
We are continuing to look into these issues and are working around the clock on resolving them as quickly as possible. This includes close monitoring of our Support systems, forums, social media, and in-game data to measure traffic along with Community sentiment to ensure ongoing improvements to stability.
It’s also included the shut-down of controversial microtransactions, simply disabling the option to purchase cash packs.
Current “known launch issues” are listed on the Rockstar support site – current objects include:
General network/cloud server issues
- “Rockstar Cloud Servers Unavailable” error message
- “Failed to Host a GTA Online Session” error messages
- Errors saying “Timed out when matchmaking for a compatible GTA Online Session to join”
- Errors about jobs failing to start or load
- Misc. network and server-related error messages, disconnections, or cloud server errors
- Errors saying “Mission Failed” as soon as the mission begins during a session
- Long matchmaking load screens, eventually timing out after 10-15 minutes
- Offline (disc-based) and online content mixing on the Jobs list
- Ending up in a free-roam session with no jobs/markers on the map while playing as a temporary character during a cloud outage
Issues getting past the first Tutorial Race
- Freezing while loading into first race in GTAO with “waiting for other players” on the screen
- Seeing the same cut-scene twice in a row and then getting stuck on a load screen
- Getting stuck transitioning into the lobby or race while other players are joining/leaving
Race Corona (start area, marker) not showing up for first race
Social Club Issues
- General issues with the Social Club site and Social Club features (slow loading, failed logins, emails not arriving, etc). For more information on Social Club status, please see: http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200357093
The developers have found a PlayStation Network issue that was “limiting the amount of possible concurrent users”, but this has now been resolved. Advice for gamers is simply to keep trying – if you can get through the first tutorial mission you should be good to go – but even gamers who have completed the tutorial are still reporting issues.