Rather than the standard minimum/recommended specs, Ubisoft has gone a step further. Two steps, in fact, with the introduction of Required specs (you will definitely need these if you want to play the game) as well as Ultra requirements.
If you want to play Watch_Dogs on your PC, you will need a 64-bit OS!
- Operating System: Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1) or Windows 8
- DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM Dual Layer
- Hard Drive Space: 20 GB
- Sound: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card with Latest Drivers
- Internet: Broadband connection and service required for multiplayer mode
While that’s a good start, the bits and pieces you add to your rig afterwards are up to you.
- GPU: DirectX 11 graphics card with 1 GB Video RAM
- CPU: Quad core
- RAM: 4GB
For example, that could be an Nvidia GTX 460 and an Intel Core2 Quad Q6600, or go the AMD route with a Radeon HD 5770 and a Phenom X4 9750.
- GPU: DirectX 11 graphics card with 2 GB Video RAM
- CPU: Eight core
- RAM: 8GB
This translates to an Nvidia GTX 560 ti and an Intel Core i7-3770, or perhaps an AMD Radeon HD 7850 and an AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core.
- GPU: Latest DirectX 11 graphics card with 2 GB Video RAM or more
- CPU: Latest Eight core or more
- RAM: 8GB or more
For example: Nvidia GTX 670 and Intel Core i7-3930K, or the AMD alternative – Radeon 7970 and FX-9370 Eight-Core.
How do you shape up? You’ve got a bit over a month to get ready: Watch_Dogs is due to hit shelves – for PC, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One and Wii U from November 19th (November 21 in Australia). We’re just hoping that these high-end specs are representative of new-generation gaming, rather than just a shoddy port on Ubisoft’s part.