Remember when we told you about Contraption Maker, the “spiritual successor to The Incredible Machine“? Well, it’s available now! …mostly, anyway. The game – created by the same development team who created the 90s classic – is up right now on Steam Early Access, so you can snag an alpha version right now.
Developer Spotkin explains that the game is currently in a “releasable ‘Alpha Version’ state” – playable, but not finished:
The current version is missing features, has plenty of bugs and still requires polish. However, if you do buy into the Early Access, you will be helping the original team that created The Incredible Machine make a new game that will be so much more than the original. Our Alpha is already fun, and now we want to get your feedback to make it even better.
For an unfinished product, there’s still plenty of stuff to play with, here:
- 70 Parts: An assorted batch of parts from paper lanterns to cats are available for all of your contraption building needs.
- Ridiculous Size: There’s no part or size limitation to your contraptions. Build as much as you can to bring your computer to its knees.
- Fun Characters: Toolman Tim and Waldo the Cat are the first of many characters that will add life to your creations.
- Layered Background Tool: Use the background tool to create settings for your contraptions to exist in.
- Video Recording: Record and share videos of your contraptions directly from the game without the need of any third party software.
- Steam Workshop Integration: Share your puzzles and creations easily through Steam Workshop.
Want in on this build-it-yourself action? Contraption Maker is available right now for both PC and Mac – the more people who buy it now, the better the finished version will be!