Last week, we started hearing suggestions that Knights of the Old Republic was headed to iPad. Today, we can confirm that this is, in fact, exactly the case, with Aspyr sending out emails about the “definitive version of KOTOR“, playable only on your tablet.
It’s a pretty hefty effort, of course: $10.49 and 2.5GB, but early reports suggest that it’s probably worth it.
- An epic Star Wars™ role-playing experience with unique characters, creatures, vehicles and planets.
- Learn to use the Force with over 40 different powers, plus build your own lightsaber.
- Adventure through iconic Star Wars locations, including Tatooine and the Wookiee homeworld Kashyyyk.
- Choose your party from nine customizable characters, including Twi’leks, droids and Wookiees.
- Travel to eight enormous worlds in your own starship, the Ebon Hawk.
- A streamlined user interface custom-made for the iPad’s touch screen helps immerse you in the action.
Of course, if you’ve played Knights of the Old Republic before, you’ll know exactly what to look forward to. We’ve heard a few complaints about the game’s control scheme, but these seem to be overridden by the fact that “it’s KOTOR on iPad!”.
Another nifty thing: Publisher Aspyr is also giving away copies of Knights of the Old Republic on iPad. All you have to do is jump onto Twitter, and post about your love of the game! Make sure you use the hashtag KOTORoniPad and follow @AspyrMedia. If you win, you’ll get a code delivered straight to your DM inbox! There are daily prizes right up until June 3rd, so tweet a new message each day to improve your chances.
…while you’re at it, why not follow @PlayerAttack, too!