Can you believe it’s been a year since Minecraft arrived on the Xbox 360? Fortunately for us, developer 4J Studios has a calendar, and wasn’t about to let the occasion slip past without a celebration.
First off, there’s the Battle & Beast Skin Pack, which (unsurprisingly) adds additional warriors and animal looks to your game, and will set you back 160 MS Points. (Highlights include a tuxedo-clad Enderman mob, by the way.)
Then, we have the Minecraft 1st Birthday Skins Pack, which is completely free! It’s a bunch of happy little models with party hats and costumes, including a Creeper mask, a wrapped present, and what looks like a playable Herobrine.
- Fix for explosion lag issue on clients in an online game.
- Fix to remove any Fireballs hanging in the air in a save game.
- Fix to only show the spawn limit message to the player attempting to spawn something.
- Fixed the terrain mipmaps to have the updated version of the gravel texture in them.
- Fix for the spawn limit overrun when shearing or breeding Mooshrooms
- Increased the limit for Paintings/Item Frames, Villagers, and Snow Golems in a world.
- Display a message when the maximum Paintings/Item Frames are reached.
- Display a message when the user tries to put an animal in Love Mode when the spawn limits have been reached.
- Display a message when the user tries to spawn an enemy from a Spawn Egg in Peaceful mode.
- Reduced Ghast sound volume
We’re not quite sure when the update will land, but if you’re a fan, chances are you’re all over this one anyway. Happy birthday!