American McGee wants you – as long as you are an Alice cosplayer, or someone who thinks they can scrub up okay as the gloomy heroine of Madness Returns, anyway. As part of a major attention-grabbing exercise, the team at Spicy Horse is giving one lucky gamer the chance of a lifetime: To truly be Alice.
Calling all Alice cos-players! This is your once in a lifetime chance to truly be Alice. Spicy Horse Games is making a Kickstarter video for “Alice: Otherlands” and you could be selected to appear as Alice. Interested? Then get out your Vorpal Blade…
- Send ONLY ONE image of yourself dressed as Alice – preferably in her “classic” blue and white dress.
- Image should capture your entire costume from black hair to boot heels.
- Image should be no larger than 2MB. Save in JPG, GIF or PNG format.
- Send via email to: contact (at) spicyhorse (dot) com
- Include name, age, country of origin, contact info and brief intro of yourself.
- All submissions due by 5/20/2013
- Must be able to travel to Shanghai, China during June 2013 for the video shoot (have a passport, be of legal age to travel, etc).
- Must be English speaking (able to read lines for the video).
After all that, one major question remains: What is Alice: Otherlands?
The answer, at the moment: Nothing, really. While that might sound like the sort of Lewis Carroll-riddle you’d expect in a game like this, there’s never been any official announcement about what the new project actually entails. McGee has dropped a few hints, asked a few questions, and set up a Facebook page, but nothing’s been set in stone.
This contest DOES NOT mean the “Otherlands” project will definitely happen – we’re still working on deal-making which could stall or fall through altogether.
Essentially, it’s the third in the series, following on from American McGee’s Alice and Madness Returns. McGee is planning to run a Kickstarter campaign (if required) “in say… July of this year”, to fund it.