When Ubisoft launched ZombiU alongside the Wii U last year, everyone fell in love with this new version of the undead. That is, except for the people who were faced with a game-breaking glitch that saw a door unable to be opened. And those who were stung by an assortment of other bugs.
Now, several months after the game hit shelves, Ubisoft is trying to put things right, releasing a handy patch that addresses a whole number of issues.
- On Mission 12, in the Nursery MAP, the interaction with the door in the basement of nursery was missing at rebirth if specific steps were followed.
- On Mission 13, in the Gas Station MAP, a Mission object that is mandatory to complete the objective was missing if specific steps were followed.
- On Mission 14, in the Circus MAP, if the player died right after recovering his Backpack, and rebooted the Wii U console, the objective was not updated.
- On Mission 15, in the Bunker MAP, the Panacea disappeared after the Player died while downloading it. However the objective remained the same (download Panacea).
- On Mission 10, in the Tower MAP, the Objective “Secure landing site” was not validated if specific steps were followed.
- On Mission 15, in the Bunker MAP, if specific steps were followed, the Player might get stuck in the Bunker after he took Doctor’s eye / Panacea because a Ladder disappeared.
- On Mission 16, in the MAP Safe House, the iron curtain in the Safe House lacked of collision during Mission 16. This Bug could lead to a scoring exploit on leaderboards.
- In the Safe House MAP, the Player saw a placeholder text when he dragged & dropped an item from the Blue Box to his holsters following certain steps.
- On Mission 12 or 15, in the Nursery MAP, the game crashed if the Player burned the Zombi Nurse while she died.
- Zombies animations transitions.
- Online messages spawned in the first section of the MAPs.
- Scanner’s start volume.
- Uplay cricket bat Cast Shadow has been removed.
- Optimizations of the framerate.
If the timing of this release seems a little odd, it’s not, really. Nintendo of America is in the process of releasing the Wii U ZombiU Deluxe Set (containing ZombiU, a download code for Nintendo Land, a console and a Wii U Pro controller), so it makes sense for Ubisoft to finally provide a non-broken game.