Remember Aliens: Colonial Marines? Remember how, among all the drama, it had a few PC-specific bugs that made the game not look quite as pretty as it really could have? Gearbox remembers. Gearbox has been working on a patch for the game, which is now due to hit PC gamers with a whopping 4GB of updates.
[img_big]center,317,2012-12-12/27593ACM_Preview_Online_02.jpg,Aliens: Colonial Marines[/img_big]
Some of these changes were included in a recent console patch, others will be included in a future console patch, and still more are exclusively for PC fans, bringing with it “various visual improvements”, as well as a mouse smoothing option, a handful of crash-fixes, and smarter, more aggressive AI.
To grab the update, all you need to do is restart your Steam client, but be careful – this is no small file. It’s possible you don’t want to deal with 4GB of downloads right now, and that’s okay! Just make sure you disable auto-updates and you’re good to go. (Please remember that you probably do want the new files sometime though, don’t leave them in the cold for too long!)
Here’s the patch notes, as posted on the Gearbox support forums – take a look and see if anything tickles your fancy!
- Improved texture resolution.
- Various visual improvements.
- Added mouse smoothing to options menu.
- Fixed crashes tied to launch and motion tracker.
- Added additional safeguards to better protect save data.
- Resolved an issue where a player’s level could sometimes appear incorrect when backing out of a party.
- Addressed several scenarios under which players could spawn without a weapon.
- Changes to better prevent audio from sometimes cutting out during end of mission cinematics.
- Fixed issue where Xeno death animation was not properly calculating momentum of the killing blow.
- Smart Gun animation now properly tracks targets.
- Addressed some instances where Xenos would display erratic animations.
- Increased light radius for player’s shoulder lamp.
- Adjusted aim assist to better reflect player input.
- Addressed an issue that could sometimes cause co-op player revival to not work under certain circumstances.
- Addressed issues with players not spawning into a level properly.
- Fixed a marine player invincibility exploit.
- Resolved several instances where players could walk or fall outside of maps.
- Addressed an issue where Ripley’s Flamethrower (bonus content) would sometimes fire continuously without player input.
- Fixed an issue that could cause localized text to sometimes display incorrectly.
- Addressed an issue where weapon ammunition was not always highlighted properly.
- General user interface improvements.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes.
- Tweaked enemy and friendly AI to be more aggressive and responsive.
- Modified campaign difficulty to account for improved AI responsiveness.
- Improved enemy collision detection regarding doors and Power Loader.
- Addressed some issues that could cause improper warping for co-op players.
- Various tweaks to address instances where NPC characters would not always properly navigate to objectives.
- Players will no longer bleed out immediately when downed in a Power Loader.
- Fixed issues that could cause clients to report inaccurate results and statistics.
- Addressed instances where a map would appear to “pop in” when loading into a new match.
- New Xeno appearance customization added.
- Multiplayer teams should now correctly auto-balance between rounds.
- Increased duration of Lurker Pounce Challenge “Cat-Like Reflexes” from 10 to 20 seconds.
- Fixed issue where certain multiplayer challenges would not unlock properly for all characters.
- Crusher pick-ups now correctly appear as highlighted for clients.