Ladies, gentlemen, gnomes, it’s time to book those flights to California – Blizzard has announced the glorious return of BlizzCon, the grand celebration of all things Warcraft, StarCraft and Diablo. This will be the seventh BlizzCon, after the event took a year off in 2012.
The dates you need to know: Friday November 8, Saturday November 9.
The place: Of course, the Anaheim Convention Center (in Anaheim, California).
Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment, is a little excited that the event is making a comeback.
BlizzCon gives us a chance to connect with our players and share our latest projects in a very personal way. Members from all of our gaming communities have helped make this event bigger and better every time, and we look forward to meeting up and celebrating with them in November.
So. What’s in store? Here’s a brief rundown:
- Hands-on play time with the latest versions of Blizzard Entertainment games
- Global finals for Blizzard eSports, featuring top pro gamers from around the world
- In-depth discussion panels with Blizzard game developers and artists
- Competitive and casual tournaments for players to showcase their talents
- Community contests with great prizes
- Commemorative merchandise based on Blizzard Entertainment’s game universes
- More activities and attractions to be announced