Early last month, we uncovered a shiny dual-DLC pack for Borderlands 2, but publisher 2K Games remained quiet on the matter. Now, almost exactly a month after we first heard inklings, the Borderlands 2: Add-On Content Pack has been officially announced, due worldwide on February 26th.
Local pricing may vary, but in the U.S. at least, the content pack will set you back US$29.99, which bundles up US$40 worth of DLC, which packs in everything released for the game up to and including its second add-on campaign.
- Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate’s Booty campaign
- Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage campaign
- Gaige, the Mechromancer; the game’s fifth playable character
- Access to the Creature Slaughter Dome battle arena where you can earn Mad Moxxi’s rare rocket launcher
- Unique weapons including the Gearbox Gun Pack and Skyrocket Grenade
- Additional heads and skins
- A Golden Key to unlock rare loot from the golden chest in Sanctuary
Please remember though, while this certainly is a bargain, it still requires a full copy of Borderlands 2 to run. And – as much as you are encouraged to rush out and buy this one right now, don’t forget that there’s still more DLC on the way for Borderlands 2, and potentially another pack headed to retail later in the year.