Team Ninja has just confirmed a stack of new details for Dead or Alive 5 Plus on PlayStation Vita – including the very exciting Cross-Platform Play feature, meaning you can get your fight on with gamers playing the original Dead or Alive 5 on PlayStation 3. You’ll also be able to access your saved data and in-game purchases on both Vita and PS3, meaning your progress will continue whether you play on the bus or on the couch.
[img_big]center,8527,2013-01-17/FIX_DOA5__GroupA_bay_chiristie.jpg,Dead or Alive 5[/img_big]
There are three major focuses of cross-platform accessibility in DoA5+:
- Hardware icons will appear next to player names in cross-platform battles to indicate whether they are playing on PS3 or PS Vita
- Cross-platform battles will run at 60fps on both platforms so there will be no lag or slowdown even when playing on different devices
- All characters that have been unlocked on PS3 can be used on PS Vita—and vice versa
- In-game rankings will show whether players are on PS Vita or PS3
- Using the PS Store, DLC purchases will be shared across both platforms so players can pay a single price while getting dual platform use
- Over 100 costumes have been delivered to date as DLC, and the cross-platform transfer allows players to preserve their collection while getting new gameplay options with DEAD OR ALIVE 5 PLUS on PS Vita
CROSS-PLATFORM GAME SAVES AND UNLOCKED CONTENT
- Saved games on PS Vita or PS3 can be used on the other platform, so gamers can play on the go and then bring their progress back to the console (or vice versa)
- All unlocked content on one platform is available on the other platform; for instance, Tina’s Legend Swimsuit earned by completing Legend mode in Arcade mode without continuing will be available on PS3 if earned on PS Vita
- “Any new stages for DOA5 on PS3, will also be available on DEAD OR ALIVE 5 PLUS for PS Vita”
It’s not just a matter of putting identical games on different platforms, either. Team Ninja has worked on a number of system-specific features for the upcoming brawler, meaning you’ll get the best experience regardless of your console of choice. DoA5+ on Vita includes touch control fighting, where characters will react based on where they are touched during a fight.
Expect new, “visually striking” international (interactive!) locations, incredibly lifelike, detailed characters, and the game’s trademark “sensual yet realistic” style.
Dead or Alive 5 Plus is due out on PlayStation Vita on March 22nd, and is already available on PlayStation 3.