While keeping quiet on the development front, one of Warner Bros‘ minions has apparently spilled some potential beans about the future of the Arkham universe. Domain manager MarkMonitor handles a bunch of WB properties, and has gone on a registration spree, with 15 new domains picked out, all relating in some way to the Dark Knight.
[img_big]center,6858,2012-04-23/bac_hqr_004_lg.jpg,Batman: Arkham City[/img_big]
- arkhamuniverse.com – Arkham Universe
- batmanarkahmuniverse.com – Batman Arkham Universe
- batmanarkhamarises.com – Batman Arkham Arises
- batmanarkhambegins.com – Batman Arkham Begins
- batmanarkhamdarkknight.com – Batman Arkham Dark Knight
- batmanarkhamknight.com – Batman Arkham Knight
- batmanarkhamlegend.com – Batman Arkham Legend
- batmanarkhamlegends.com – Batman Arkham Legends
- batmanarkhamnight.com – Batman Arkham Night
- batmanarkhamorigins.com – Batman Arkham Origins
- batmanarkhamstories.com – Batman Arkham Stories
- darkknightarkham.com – Dark Knight Arkham
- dcarkhamuniverse.com – DC Arkham Universe
- dcarkhamverse.com – DC Arkhamverse
- thearkhamuniverse.com – The Arkham Universe
Now, we’ve seen companies pick up domains in chunks like this before, when it’s been a publisher or developer out to protect potential rip-offs or domain squatters, and we’ve seen others registering bizarre names in an attempt to throw eagle-eyed fans off of the scent.
It’s entirely possible that these names are just a collection of vaguely-related bits and pieces that a marketing team has thrown together, or that they are for (wait for it!) non-gaming release, but at the same time, some do sound like pretty decent potential sequels for Arkham Asylum and Arkham City.
We’re not sure about DC Arkhamverse exactly, but Origins, Legends and Universe do seem fairly promising.