Danger Close and EA have received all your letters to Santa, and because you’ve been good boys and girls, have decided to give you your presents early this year. You wanted an update to Medal of Honor Warfighter, right? That’s what you’re getting!
The new update is scheduled for December 17th on PC, December 18th for Xbox 360 and North American PS3, and December 19th for European-region PS3. All of the changes are based on community feedback, with the developers working hard to “continuously improve” the Warfighter experience.
[img_big]center,9009,2012-09-10/mohw_zdt_chitral_wm.png,Medal of Honor Warfighter – Zero Dark Thirty pack[/img_big]
Now, here’s the interesting bit: The (unnamed) update is actually optional on Xbox 360. That is, unless you want to experience the content in the new Zero Dark Thirty map pack (known as The Hunt outside of North America). That pack is free to all Limited and pre-order copies of the game’s Digital Deluxe edition, or will set you back US$9.99 or 800 MS points if you didn’t take advantage of that deal.
Of course, you don’t have to buy it, and you don’t have to play it. And if you choose not to, then this new update doesn’t affect you in the slightest, hooray!
Here’s the list of what’s actually in store for you:
TWEAKS, FIXES AND ADDITIONAL CONTENT
- VoIP improvements
- Front-end visual improvements in MP
- Increased bullet damage in Real Ops
- In-game Party improvements
- Shortened post-match timer and updated post-match progression display
- Several fixes for Eyefinity setups (PC)
- Added server leaderboards post-match
- Added Fireteam leaderboards in Battlelog
- Added Quick Select for classes/weapons
- Added server password protection support (PC)
- Added ability to modify FOV through in-game options (PC)
- Added ability to modify ADS mouse speed option (PC)
- 10 additional multiplayer ranks: Atlas Commander Bronze 1/2/3, Atlas Commander Silver 1/2/3, Atlas Commander Gold 1/2/3, and Atlas Supreme Commander
- Improved stability for SP and MP
- Numerous fixes addressing known bugs and exploits
- Additional content and changes in preparation for the Zero Dark Thirty or The Hunt Map Pack