Want to help kids’ charities and rock out to some groovy tunes at the same time? The Game Music Initiative and OneBigGame have the solution for you: OneBigAlbum, a very impressive musical offering. 17 video game composers have contributed never-before-released tracks, and a portion of all proceeds go to both Save the Children and Starlight Children’s Foundation.
Ruud van de Moosdijk, founder of the Game Music Initiative explains:
OneBigAlbum was such a great project to be involved in and I am truly thrilled we are now releasing the album. Working with all these talented composers has been a blast, and just looking at who contributed to it I don’t think I am out of line when I say this album is an absolute must-have for anyone that enjoys video game music.
…don’t believe him? Here, try this tracklisting on for size:
- The Journey Begins – Jason Graves
- Hello, Big Apple! – Peter McConnell
- Carnivale – Cris Velasco
- Nightfall Sublime – Chris Rickwood
- SYS49152 – Michiel vd Bos
- Game Over – Akari Kaida
- The Death of my Beautiful Spaceship – Marc Canham
- Rise of the Fallen – Mike Reagan
- Will ‘o The Wisp – Christopher Tin ft. Jillian Aversa
- Mountains View – Inon Zur ft. Aubrey Ashburn
- Overloaded – Frank Klepacki
- A Call to Heroics – Jonathan vd Wijngaarden
- Hi-Score Lounge – Andrew Curnock
- Flame of the Dragon – Bart Roijmans
- Game Overture – Allister Brimble
- Made for Speed James – Hannigan
- Unforgettable – Masaya Matsuura
Martin de Ronde, of non-profit games publisher OneBigGame, explains:
As OneBigGame is about to embark on publishing a whole new set of content from famous game creators this year, we couldn’t wish for a better way to start our next fundraising push than with OneBigAlbum. We are extremely grateful to the Game Music Initiative for endorsing our charity initiative with this album.
So. The deal is this. OneBigAlbum will be distributed to all major digital platforms very soon, so you’ll be able to get your hands on it starting November 26th from iTunes, Amazon, Rhapsody, Spotify, Zune and eMusic, to name a few. And in case you’re still on the fence? A whopping 80% minimum of the net proceeds will be donated to the two charity foundations, helping to provide food, healthcare, education and protection for children, as well as providing support and services to seriously ill kids and their families.
OneBigAlbum will be available for 12 months only, so try not to put this one off for too long.