Australia and New Zealand have joined what feels like the entire rest of the world with today’s release of Rocksmith, the bring-your-own-guitar music game from Ubisoft. It’s the same game that arrived in North America nearly a year ago, with the brand new bass guitar mode added, and some exclusive content thrown in to boot.
Overlooking the ridiculous delay, Rocksmith is “a revolution in the music game genre” – no more plastic peripherals, no more hitting coloured buttons – you can plug your real electric guitar (or bass!) directly into your Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3, and actually learn as you play.
Rocksmith is the real thing for those who are serious about guitar learning and playing, with a proven method of learning which automatically adapts to the players’ ability so they can progress at their own pace, and the possibility to play simultaneously guitar and bass with a friend in local multiplayer. Thanks to Rocksmith’s fun and instructive method, players will actually be able to play the guitar, even without the game.
…and you’ll be able to play some pretty rockin’ tunes, too, with more than 50 songs in the playlist:
- Blur – Song 2
- David Bowie – Rebel Rebel
- Eric Clapton – Run Back To Your Side
- Franz Ferdinand – Take Me Out
- Incubus – I Miss You
- Interpol – Slow Hands
- Lenny Kravitz – Are You Gonna Go My Way
- Lynyrd Skynyrd – Sweet Home Alabama
- Muse – Unnatural Selection
- Nirvana – In Bloom
- Pixies – Where Is My Mind?
- Queens Of The Stone Age – Go With The Flow
- Radiohead – High And Dry
- The Rolling Stones – (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction
- The White Stripes – Icky Thump
- Velvet Revolver – Slither
There’s also a bunch of DLC available right now, including:
2 Gear packs:
- Gear Time Saver Pack: gives immediate access to all the standard effects pedals, amplifiers and cabinets included in Rocksmith
- Heavy Metal Gear Pack: new additional effects pedals, amplifiers and cabinets dedicated to metal songs
Stand alone songs:
- Radiohead – Bodysnatchers
- T. Rex – 20th Century Boy
- Megadeth – Symphony of Destruction
- Megadeth – Hangar 18
- blink-182 – Dammit
- blink-182 – What’s My Age Again?
- blink-182 – All the Small Things
- 3 Doors Down – Kryptonite
- B.B. King – The Thrill is Gone
- Foster the People – Pumped Up Kicks
- Pat Benetar – Hit Me With Your Best Shot
…and if all that’s still not enough for you, there’s additional DLC packs on the way, focussing on “Classic Rock”, “Alternative Rock” and, of course, “Metal”.
Rocksmith is available right now in most gaming retailers, head down to your local and check it out!