Blizzard Entertainment is warming up to launch Mists of Pandaria, the fourth expansion for smash hit MMO World of Warcraft, hitting shelves on September 25th. Hosting parties dotted around the globe, this one’s looking like it’ll be a bit of fun.
[img_big]center,8587,2012-03-20/Summoners_and_skeletons_in_Scholomance.jpg,Mists of Pandaria[/img_big]
The primary launch event will be held in Southern California, of course – the home of Blizzard HQ. If you’re in that part of the world, head to the Giant Wheel Court at the Irvine Spectrum Center (71 Fortune Drive, Irvine, California 92618) at 9pm on September 24th. You’ll be treated to an evening packed with fun activities, giveaways, “special guests” and a bunch of entertainment (including a game-off between Blizzard staff and community members!) that’ll keep you happy until the clock strikes midnight and Pandaria is officially opened.
As well as all that though, there will be other events taking place simultaneously in gaming stores around the world – with special events planned for the U.S., France, Germany, Italy, Russia, Spain, Sweden, the UK, Brazil, Mexico, Chile, and the region of Taiwan. (No Australia or New Zealand plans at this stage – check with your local retailers.)
Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment explains:
We can’t wait to meet up with players around the world and celebrate with them at the official launch events. A lot of hard work and long hours went into making Mists of Pandaria a truly epic expansion, so we’re really looking forward to coming together and having some fun with the community before everyone takes off for the new continent.
But then there’s the Collector’s Edition, which is a little more swanky:
- A World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria behind-the-scenes DVD and Blu-ray two-disc set including over an hour of developer interviews and commentary
- The World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Collector’s Edition soundtrack CD
- The Art of Mists of Pandaria, a 208-page hardback tome including never-before-seen artwork from the development process
- World of Warcraft Imperial Quilen flying mount and Lucky Quilen Cub pet, StarCraft® II Battle.net® portraits, and Diablo® III banner sigil and accent
- A special-edition World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria mouse pad featuring Chen Stormstout, the legendary pandaren brewmaster
…alternatively, there’s also the Digital Deluxe edition, which is a little bit special, and online only. It includes the full digital version of Mists of Pandaria, and throws in the digital items of the Collector’s Edition, otherwise only available at retail.
If you want in on any of this – hop on down to your local retailer and check out what they’ve got. Sort out a pre-order and ask about whether they’ll be opening at midnight on September 25th to give you your game early, or perhaps hosting a party of their own!