To date, Western audiences still haven’t really had a chance to properly appreciate the wonder, the beauty that is Hatsune Miku. While we wait for a localised, fully-featured console release of the vocaloid’s many games, SEGA has offered us the next-best thing: Miku Flick/02, for iOS.
As promised in July, the second instalment of the Miku Flick series is described as an “action rhythm game”, where you are invited to flick away the lyrics to some of Miku’s most popular songs (plus Kagamine Len, Kagamine Rin and Megurine Luka, with DLC from KAITO and MEIKO). There’s a slight catch: If you don’t know Japanese, you might find this one a little challenging.
Miku Flick/02 Song List:
- Love is War by ryo, vocals by Hatsune Miku
- The First Sound by malo, vocals by Hatsune Miku
- Meltdown by iroha(sasaki)/kuma(alfred), vocals by Kagamine Rin
- Butterfly on my Right Shoulder by Noripii/Mizuno Yuryo, vocals by Kagamine Len
- Just Be Friends by Dixie Flatline, vocals by Megurine Luka
- Clover Club by Yuuyu, vocals by Hatsune Miku
- Magnet by Minato (Ryusei P), vocals by Hatsune Miku/ Megurine Luka
- Promise by samfree, vocals by Hatsune Miku/Kagamine Rin
- Two-faced Lovers by wowaka, vocals by Hatsune Miku
Intrigued? SEGA has included a bunch of handy features in Miku Flick/02 that will help you out, even if you’ve never met a vocaloid before. On the other hand, if this is all just too easy for you, there’s a brand new Extreme Mode thrown in as well.
…and you won’t have to wait too long for those DLC packs either: Two new packs are available today via the iTunes App Store: Duet_Pack01, featuring three duet songs, plus Diva_Pack01, full of songs featuring art by fan-favorite artist DIVA.
So – it’s all in Japanese, and it sounds like it’s a little challenging even if you understand what’s going on. If you’re up for it though, Miku Flick/02 is available right now via the iTunes App Store for US$10.99, and is compatible for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.