Zen Pinball 2 is coming to PS3 and Vita in September, says developer Zen Studios, who is already promising quite a nifty bit of day-one DLC: A brand new table based on “one of PopCap Games‘ mega hits”.
Packed with a whole heap of exciting new features and games, Zen Pinball 2 is a cross-platform title, meaning you only need to pick it up once in order to enjoy it on both PS3 and Vita – and both versions receive frequent, handy updates.
Some key features of Zen Pinball 2:
- PlayStation 3 system and PlayStation Vita system cross-platform entitlement including shared global leaderboards, online friend challenges and tournaments
- Zen Pinball 2 will launch with twenty-six tables!
- The most advanced ball physics simulation to date
- Compete against other players to achieve the highest ProScore, and team up with your friends to increase your TeamScore
- Exceptional visuals in full 3D on 3D compatible TV sets
- Free, fully playable demos for all available tables
- Exciting multiplayer modes, including local split-screen and hotseat multiplayer, online, and worldwide tournaments
- New tables released regularly through the PlayStation Store
- Share your scores on Facebook
- New rule sheet format to help you achieve higher scores
- New trophies for each table
…and we haven’t mentioned the best bit, yet: Zen Pinball 2 is a free update for gamers who already own Zen Pinball and Marvel Pinball – and if you’re a newcomer, you can test out each of the 26 (!!) pinball tables for free before putting down any cash.
[img_big]center,9269,2012-08-08/Zen_Pinball_2_Sorcerers_Lair_table_screenshot.jpg,Zen Pinball 2[/img_big]
We’re not entirely sure about which game it’s based on, but happily, we won’t have to wait too long: The game will be on display at PAX Prime in the PopCap booth and we’re promised all will be revealed.