So yes – Dance Central 3 sees players travelling back through time to learn some classic dance moves. When it makes the developers giggle, you know you’re in for a treat!
If you’re somehow not bothered about time traveling, secret agents and magic boom boxes, the game itself is packed with more than 40 awesome tunes. The songs have been picked from the 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s and today, drawing from all sorts of styles and genres. There’s the stuff that’s already been announced, including Cobra Starship, 50 Cent and Usher, but today we’ve been treated to a handful of new announcemements: 11 additional songs, each one featuring shiny bright dance routines created by professional choreographers.
- Alice Deejay – Better Off Alone
- Backstreet Boys – Everybody (Backstreet’s Back)
- J.J. Fad – Supersonic
- Lil Jon & The East Side Boyz ft. Ying Yang Twins – Get Low
- LMFAO – Sexy And I Know It
- Los Del Rio – Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix)
- Maroon 5 ft. Christina Aguilera – Moves Like Jagger
- Vanilla Ice – Ice Ice Baby
- Vicki Sue Robinson – Turn The Beat Around
- Village People – Y.M.C.A.
- 2NE1 – I Am The Best (Original Version)
…and yes, that is Korean supergroup 2NE1 making a suprise appearance on the list. Harmonix have even hinted that the girls won’t be the only K-pop act included in the game, so we’re keeping our fingers crossed.
Harmonix has also told us that fan-favourite crew Flash4ward (comprising Taye and Lil’ T) will be making a comeback in Dance Central 3, bringin’ the 90s house party back. They’re not the only familiar faces you’ll spot in the game – stay tuned for some big reveals.
Dance Central 3 hits the U.S. on October 16th, and arrives in Australia and New Zealand a couple of days later, on October 18th.