We’ve been teased long enough, Robots & Pencils have released mysterious images and sent confusing messages, but now the day has come to blow the lid on this thing: Spy vs Spy is coming to iOS in the next few months, boasting new BYOB tactics. (That’s, uh, Bring Your Own Bomb, of course.)
The reboot is thanks to indie studio Robots and Pencils, Warner Bros. and original developers First Star Software, who promise the game will bring all the “action, humour, challenges and fisticuffs” we saw in the original game, created back in 1984 for the Commodore 64, Apple II and Atari 400/800. Plus, did we mention, they’re throwing in HD visuals, and a choice of “modern” or “retro” graphics and soundtracks?
So… what’s in store?
- Control the battlefield with BYOB (Bring Your Own Bomb) tactics
- A plethora of traps, weapons, loot and mischief in modern and retro modes
- Experience the revolutionary retro classic’s Simulvision™, Simulplay™ and Trapulator™ now in full HD
- Try your hand at international espionage with online and local multiplayer matches.
- All new campaign mode featuring the 8 original embassies as well as 16 new ones
- Integrated Game Center leaderboards and achievements
Now remember, as Alfred E. Neuman famously quipped: “If you don’t succeed at first … spy, spy again.”
Spy vs Spy is headed to the App Store for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch a little later this year, slotting in nicely alongside the north American summer.