Upcoming MMO Firefall is patting itself on the back today for reaching an important milestone: More than 500,000 gamers have signed up for beta access for the the free-to-play game. To celebrate (and to brace themselves for the incoming rush of new testers), the guys and gals at Red 5 have published the official system requirements for Firefall.
It’s also worth noting that – coinciding with this milestone, Red 5 is making a bunch of major changes to the game, based on the responses and feedback the developers have received from the current batch of beta testers.
Community Coordinator Frank Lettieri explains:
Our next update will incorporate changes that will affect everything from progression to core gameplay mechanics. As we move into the next stage of exclusive beta, you can expect to see a large number of invites sent out to meet the growing demand.
To outline just what’ll be in the new update, why don’t we let the Red 5 dev team explain it for themselves?
…but of course, that all doesn’t matter if you don’t have a PC that’ll run the game. So, without further ado, here are the official sytem requirements for Firefall!
- OS: Windows XP (32/64-bit)
- PROCESSOR (AMD): Dual Core @ 2.6 Ghz (Athon 64 x2, Athlon II x2, Phenom II x2)
- PROCESSOR (Intel): Dual Core @ 2.2 Ghz (Core 2, Core i3, Pentium Dual Core)
- GPU: DirectX 9 compatible AMD or Nvidia video card with 1GB RAM (AMD/ATI Radeon HD 4550 or Nvidia Geforce 8600)
- MEMORY: 4 GB
- PROCESSOR (AMD): Quad Core @ 2.8 Ghz (Athlon II X4, Phenom, Phenom II X4)
- PROCESSOR (Intel): Quad Core @ 2.4 Ghz (Core 2 Quad, i5, i7)
- GPU: AMD/ATI Radeon HD 4850 or Nvidia Geforce GTS 450
- MEMORY: 4 GB